Saturday, July 28, 2012

Welcome! And First Lips in Blue


Hello and welcome to anyone who stumbles across this blog! I am Azara AKA Candy Cain, and this is where I will be chronicling my journey as I develop into a better amateur makeup artist. As it stands I am a beginner with respect to lips, but I love loud and crazy lip colors and my goal is to become more proficient in their creative application.

Just to start things off, here are a couple lips I have done in the past few months. Just a note on color: the first picture was taken in the spring with Photo Booth on my computer, so I am quite pale and the color is washed out. The second was taken with my camera on a nighttime setting in July, so while I have tanned quite a bit by now, it is perhaps also a bit oversaturated! Starting in late August when I'm back in Chicago from my travels in California and New York I will be able to set up a nicely lit area and use a tripod so my pictures come out a bit clearer and with truer color.




Products used: 
Lip Insurance Primer by Too Faced
Apocalips by Illamasqua (top lip)
Kontrol by Illamasqua (bottom lip)







Products used:
Lip Insurance Primer by Too Faced
Apocalips by Illamasqua (teal blue)
Pristine by Illamasqua (true black)
Lucifer eye shadow from the Kat Von D Metal Orchestra palette to line (black)
Hpnotiq Gloss (got this for free at a giveaway in Vegas... I love it! Clear with no stick whatsoever)




As you may be able to tell, I am a massive Illamasqua fan. I love their wilder colors and have collected quite a few that will be making appearances soon! Apocalips is my obsession right now: it's so pigmented and so creamy, and when used with a primer it stays put for hours! Generally I have to reapply once during the day, but usually it's after I've eaten something, so A+.

I also like Ka'Oir, Nars and MAC, and all will be applied and blogged in time. 

Lip Loud,
Azara

No comments:

Post a Comment