Thursday, January 10, 2013

Illamasqua Lipstick: Apocalips


Illamasqua description: teal, matt finish

My rating:





The lipstick





















So many glamor shots! In case you can't tell, I'm a little obsessed with this color. Too bad I'd ruined the bullet with use before taking pictures =/ It's okay, it's still so beautiful!


The lip












The lowdown

I am in love with this color! I got it maybe a year ago and have found numerous occasions to wear it, despite its unusual hue: halloween, various festivals, and even to go out shopping one day when I was feeling daring. It's an eye-catcher, so don't be put off if you see people staring; they're just jealous =).

Apocalips is super opaque and easy to apply cleanly and neatly with a lip brush because it lacks that slippery consistency that makes some lipsticks frustrating.

A note about Illamasqua in general: I LOVE their lipsticks. They are generally matte, non-sticky, budge-proof little miracles in colors that absolutely explode off your face (in a good way)! They are available in Sephora, although you have to order the more exciting colors online at www.illamasqua.com.



 The look

I've done this look before, but now that I have better lighting and a better camera, I figure I should post it again because it looks really cool. I'm blocking Apocalips with Illamasqua's Kontrol, a purple violet. 














This is a very daring look, but go for it! Rock that loud lip!

Azara

















No comments:

Post a Comment